The couple has been very open about the financial issues they have been faced with, including being cut off financially by their families. This is something that may not have been made public, but it is a common narrative for many celebrities.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are making headlines again, this time for claims that they are being cut off financially.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been making headlines for their recent engagement and wedding plans. They recently announced that they will be tying the knot in spring 2018. Upon the announcement, a number of comments and questions came up about their finances.British Royal Family News reveals that during Duke of Sussex Prince Harry’s candid interview with Oprah, he complained that his family basically left him with nothing when he and his wife left royal life. He said he would not have moved to Canada if he had not inherited about £10 million from his late mother, Princess Diana.
But the royal family’s annual financial report, released Wednesday, tells a different story.
Harry’s statements about lack of financial support after his departure with wife Meghan
The Duke of Sussex, 36, told Oprah in her explosive interview with the American talk show host in March that his family abandoned him financially almost immediately after he and wife Meghan Markle withdrew from the royal lineup.
The British royal family recently released its annual report, detailing the income and expenditure of 1. April 2020 to 31. March of this year. A spokesman for Clarence House confirmed that the reports make it clear that Charles will continue to fund Prince Harry and Meghan Markle until the summer of 2020.
The report shows that Prince Charles paid a bill of about 4.5 million pounds ($6.2 million) to his sons, Princes William and Harry, and their families, as well as other expenses.
This is a reduction of around £1.2 million in the year following Sussex’s departure as acting king, which ended in March last year.
A senior spokesman for Clarence House told The Independent that while Charles supported the Sussex couple with a significant amount of money to build a life for themselves after their big move to North America, they are now financially independent thanks to lucrative deals with Spotify and Netflix.
As we all remember, in January 2020, when the Duke and Duchess announced they were retiring from the royal family, they said they were working on becoming financially independent, a spokesperson told the publication. The Prince of Wales has donated a significant sum to help them with this transition. That funding was cut off last summer. The couple is now financially independent.
This revelation, of course, goes against what Harry said in his interview with Oprah. In an interview, he said his financial support was cut in the first quarter of 2020, which clearly contradicts the leaked documents.
Representatives of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex did not respond to media requests for comment on the discrepancy between the couple’s words and reports.
However, a spokesperson for the couple defended themselves, saying the sentence in Oprah’s interview was simply misunderstood. The spokesman also said Harry was referring to the first quarter of the UK financial year, which runs from April to July.
This is the same date as the start of the Sandringham Agreement transition year, and it is the date mentioned by Clarence House.
News from the Royal Family: Meghan Markle’s spokesperson repeats allegations against her mother-in-lawhttp://t.co/BRv hN5Z
– SOS/CTS/HH (@SoapOperaSpy) 26. June 2021
Harry and Meghan are now financially independent of the crown
During the interview, Prince Harry insisted that Charles was no longer answering his phone calls and that he and Markle could only successfully move to California because of the money he inherited from his mother.
Last September, it was announced that the duo had signed a multi-year deal with Netflix to produce exclusive content, including documentaries, documentary series, feature films, scripted shows and children’s programs. A few months later, a similar deal was announced with Spotify to produce content through their new company Archewell Audio.
Regardless of the timetable, the Sussexes now live financially independent of the Crown, according to the annual report.
Come back here for more information and updates on the Royal Family.Prince Harry And Meghan’s Claims About Being CUT OFF Financially. Read more about what does prince harry do for a living and let us know what you think.
prince harry allowancebreaking news: harry and meghan todaywhat does prince harry do for a livingprince harry and meghan latest newswhat does prince harry do nowprince harry net worth 2021,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,prince harry allowance,why was prince harry cut off from royal family,breaking news: harry and meghan today,harry and meghan latest news today 2021,what does prince harry do for a living,prince harry cut off reddit,prince harry and meghan latest news,what does prince harry do now